- 04-Mar-2013 to 03-Apr-2013 (CST)
- Yorkton, SK, CAN
- Full Time
The CNC Machinist is responsible for creating quality parts produced on CNC machines such as but not limited to lathes and milling machines and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams. Responsibilities will include loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements. The CNC Machinist will detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production, and report all machine malfunctions to their immediate supervisor. This position will be required to operate a forklift and other lifting devices as an essential element of their duties.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgment
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC machines such as but not limited to lathes and milling machines.
- Responsible for loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
- Machining and tooling inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) or other specialized measuring instruments
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges and other measuring devices
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in a related field preferred
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program
or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining
- Journeyman / Red Seal CNC Machinist certification preferred
- Conversational programming experience would be an asset
- Ability to edit existing programs and test new ones
- Set up and run programs in a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Intermediate knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose calculating material fabrication.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment.
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Accurate and highly analytical.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring apprentices.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to (50) lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools.
- Frequently noisy working environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Use of PPE, including safety glasses and steel toe boots required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings